Author Topic: South-Central District Meet  (Read 2733 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
South-Central District Meet
« on: December 29, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »
The Oklahoma State Federation show had a full house with 4500 head of birds from 30 states.  The two show barns were full and a sale area had the third barn full.  This was our South-Central District Meet.

There were 13 large fowl Ameraucanas shown by 4 junior exhibitors.  McCormick Snyder had the BV black on a pullet which also won BB.  Seth Everett had the RV black also on a pullet.  McCormick also had RB with the BV blue pullet.  Rachael Snider had the BV blue wheaten on a pullet.  Matthew Smith had the BV and RV on a wheaten cockerel and pullet respectfully.  The jr. show was judged by Pat Malone from Texas and Butch Gunderson from Wisconsin.

Twelve large fowl Ameraucanas were exhibited by three exhibitors in the Open show.   Paul & Ronda Caruso had the BV buff on a cockerel.  Rachael Snider had the BV blue wheaten on a cockerel.  Angela and I had RV also on a cockerel.  We also had BV on a blue pullet, BV on a black pullet, RV on a black cockerel, BV on a wheaten cockerel and RV on a pullet.  The pair of wheaten were selected as the BB and RB.  Jim Sallee from California judged the open Ameraucanas.  I didn’t see any bantams this year.

We made photos of all the BV and RV except the Jr. BV black pullet which was also BB.  She was cooped out earlier-before I made photos.   Some fanciers in the North left early to beat the blizzard that was coming into their areas.  We managed to miss it as it went to the East before pushing further South.  Monday morning it got down to 19º-the coldest so far this winter season.  It was in the 70’s by Wednesday.

We will get the photos posted ASAP.

Paul Smith

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 05:09:18 AM »
Congratulations!  Can\'t wait to see the pics. :)

Beth C

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 09:25:11 AM »
Congratulations! Sounds like it was a good show.

That\'s the kind of weather we\'re having, too. Snow last weekend, calling for mid 60\'s this weekend.