Author Topic: Three weeks better late than never  (Read 2610 times)

QUADCH

Three weeks better late than never
« on: January 01, 2011, 06:21:19 PM »
Well, I\'m three weeks behind, I hoped to have chicks today, but instead I\'m just setting the first batch of eggs. A little of everything, LF Ameraucanas in White, Blue, Black, & Frizzle, bantams in Lavender & Wh/BWh. (LF Salmon Faverolle too) The lavender bantam eggs are the best blue color. A beautiful pastel robins egg blue. Whites are a nice rich turquoise. Fingers crossed for fertility! Yesterday was up to 50 degrees and melted all the snow, today its back to 12 and frozen solid.
Everyone in the barn is laying except the Barnevelders.

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 01:17:36 PM »
I\'m also behind.  I just got done telling my hubby this am that I need to start working on some in my projects.  :)

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »
Seems to be a trend then.  I just set eggs yesterday from my bantam lavs, and a few that\'ll be black/lav split.  Also LF Faverolles as well as bantams.  Once I got the eggs set, I switched up some roos, and put a black cockerel in with the lav pullets (bantam) and made a change for my Fav project too. Good luck on everyone\'s hatches!! :)

QUADCH

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 06:04:55 PM »
All the Ameraucana eggs are fertile, all the Faverolle\'s are not. Darn frostbitten single combs!

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 06:08:36 PM »
I candled mine night before last, and all but one of my LF Favs are developing, all my bantam favs were not fertile (will be collecting from that roo next week to check his swimmers under the scope) and about 50% fertility in all my Ameraucanas...was really hoping for better, but all the Ams are young birds, so hopefully it will improve...