Author Topic: embroidered merchandize  (Read 3534 times)

faith valley

embroidered merchandize
« on: February 04, 2011, 06:20:30 PM »
I did a search on the forum looking for my answer but was unable to bring it up.

I know that a few months back, we started a discussion about embroidered merchandize but we never fully came to a conclusion about it.  I was kicking around ideas for the junior awards for the upcoming national in October and thought that embroiderd hats might be a cool idea for the BV kids- or BB kids for that matter.  \"2011 Jr. National Champion Ameraucana\"... something like that with the head of an Ameraucana embroidered on it. Shirt fronts could be done or even tote bags or chair backs.. Just kicking around ideas for the kids.

My question are the following:
1. Do we still have the digitized program of the wheaten ameraucana hen head floating around somewhere? I have seen some of the guys with hats with this embroidered on.

2. If we do not have this digital file that we can locate, then do we have a line sketch that we have permission to send off to be digitized?

Patty

Blue Egg Acres

embroidered merchandize
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »
When the hats were available we ordered them through Larry Clionsky. Maybe Larry has what you would need.

Cloverleaf Farm

embroidered merchandize
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:24:11 PM »
I think it sounds like a great idea!

faith valley

embroidered merchandize
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 08:27:51 PM »
If we did not have to digitize a new program, then we could get nice hats for about 9.00 each.  Great advertising!  I\'ll give Larry a call-

thanks,

Patty

John

embroidered merchandize
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 09:15:16 PM »
Larry had the caps made and Mike & I had silk screened t-shirts made separately.  They were all nice items that promoted the ABC, but it took years to deplete the stock.  I ended up donating many of the t-shirts as awards at meets.  
The club has had embroidered patches made 3 times.  I imagine there are many of the last batch left to sell.  I\'ve often thought these could be given as awards to juniors.  They would be great promoters, especially if they sewed them on thier show coats.

faith valley

embroidered merchandize
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
John,

Do you know where the patches are ordered from? The digitized file would be located there & items could be ordered through that shop.  I assume the bird was digitized separately from the text.  If that is the case, award projects could easily be redesigned using that digital file.

Patty

Beth C

embroidered merchandize
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 11:58:55 AM »
Can an individual member have items made (at their own cost, of course) for themselves, or does it have to be a club decision? I have a friend with an embroidery business who will make me something if I have permission to use the logo.

John

embroidered merchandize
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 12:39:08 PM »
patches are ordered from?

No, too many years ago for my memory.  I found them thru a google search.
if I have permission to use the logo

As far as I\'m concerned members can use the club logo.  We always have.  Use it on your website, business cards and clothing.

faith valley

embroidered merchandize
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 06:39:41 PM »
I chatted with Larry this evening.  He is going to contact the shop that did the hats years ago to see what can be done about the missing disc. Hopefully that company will redigitize the file for us at no charge since is was their fault the file was misplaced. If not, we can consider new options.

Patty