Author Topic: What can we do?  (Read 3655 times)

What can we do?
« on: February 18, 2006, 04:10:17 PM »
Hey guys, Angela here.
  With all the hubbub going on with the NAIS, I\'ve had time to seriously consider the future of my flock.  It\'s kinda scarey, so I ask you:  What can we do to promote our breed on an individual basis?  
  I\'ve given away enough birds to the 4-H over the years, to know that there are plenty Ameraucanas around here.  What can we do to \"educate\" the general public?

What can we do?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 06:33:05 PM »
One can always help out
one thing is keep distrubting the club flyers
another is to keep putting QUALITY birds in youngsters hands, and another is to eat lots of eggs and birds to keep down the population of inferior stock

What can we do?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 07:18:32 PM »
Hey Mike and John!
  Do we have club fliers?

bantamhill

What can we do?
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »
Angela,

They are available on this website to download at the following link:

http://www.ameraucana.org/download.html

I don\'t know if the club has paper copies available.

Are you going to go to the Heartland Classic? I plan to . . . I requested a special Ameraucana meet and hope we can get 3 members to bring birds.

Michael

What can we do?
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 07:38:44 PM »
Yes, but I don\'t know what kinda condition my girls will be in.  I\'ve started the breeding cycle, and you know that I don\'t keep that many birds.
I\'ll also be in Pryor next month....But that\'s still a very small show...not enough to worry about.
I tried to sign up new members last time, but they were happy with their Easter Eggers....LOL

John

What can we do?
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 08:00:17 PM »
Do we have club fliers?

As Michael said they can be printed from our website.  They are a tri-fold style flier and you can print the membership form on the backside.
I had some on the club table at the National meet last year.

What can we do?
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 08:20:30 PM »
Got em!

Bring a tabel Michael.  Looks like we need to set up to promote the breed.  I\'ll also be promoting Orpingtons as the District Rep, and the APA.  Just doin my share!!