Author Topic: Bantam Ameraucana hatching eggs?  (Read 2893 times)

Bantam Ameraucana hatching eggs?
« on: May 23, 2006, 01:27:25 PM »
Ok, first of all is there such a thing as a bantam Ameraucana? I would like to hatch some bantam Ameraucana eggs but I don\'t want just any Easter Eggers. I want pure Ameraucanas. Does anyone know who might sell these eggs?

Also, how is their temperment? How probable is it that you hatch a mean one? Thanks!

Mike Gilbert

Bantam Ameraucana hatching eggs?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 09:31:41 PM »
Bantam Ameraucanas were recognized before the large size.
The American Bantam Association accepted the bantams in 1980, the American Poultry Association recognized the large fowl and bantams in 1984.    There are many, many strains of bantam Ameraucanas since there are eight recognized color varieties and several others in the making.   You will find marked differences in the temperament among the different strains.    Ask the seller about the traits that are most important to you.   I and many others have already broken up our mating pens for the year, but perhaps there might be someone out there that still has eggs or chicks available.   Maybe try Michael Muenks of Missouri?    A Breeders Directory is available through this website.   Contact the manager.