Author Topic: December 2009 Bulletin Deadlines  (Read 3956 times)

bantamhill

December 2009 Bulletin Deadlines
« on: November 10, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »
All for sale notices, want ads, articles, pictures, and meet requests (December through March) must be in by November 18, 2009.

John

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:58:42 PM »
WOW!   That is a great Bulletin.  I chuckled a few times, from Jean\'s \"May all your eggs...\" to Harold\'s \"stand around and look cute...\".  What a great group.  20 some years ago I never dreamed we would have a Bulletin with a professional layout and so many color photos.  Thank you Michael for all you do for the club and the article about test mating cocks/cockerels for egg shell color.  

bantamhill

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 08:00:58 PM »
Thanks for the kind words John. About half of the members will not receive their bulletins for a few days . . . I had to leave town for the week and had not got all of them printed and my wife was out of town on the other side of the country and couldn\'t pick up the slack for me . . . all the photos take awhile to print.

Michael

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 10:40:15 AM »
Really looking forward to mine now! Thanks in advance Michael!

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 10:54:30 AM »
Same here, thank you for your time and work.
April

bantamhill

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 12:21:53 PM »
Members who are receiving bulletins in the second wave will find that their bulletin is missing staples. I know it sounds crazy, but the cost of mailing bulletins is more if there is a staple(s) in the document. Mailing stuff is absolutely amazing now . . . length, width, weight, thickness, staples, zip . . . cccccccccccraaaaaaazyyyyyyyy!

John

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 12:55:26 PM »
missing staples

That\'s fine with me, since I take the staples out and save the Bulletins in loose leaf notebooks.

grisaboy

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 03:05:44 PM »

I would be happy to get mine by email and save the paper and the postage costs.

philipu

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 03:36:30 PM »
I\'d be happy to receive the bulletin via email.
Save you some time, paper, postage.
Thanks, phil

bantamhill

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »
That is next on my list . . . watch for details in the next few weeks as I do a few test runs.

Michael

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 04:23:40 PM »
I received my bulletin in the mail today, and it is indeed a special edition.    I do have a couple of corrections to the national meet results.   Reserve of breed large fowl, Jerry DeSmidt\'s blue cock, was listed as only reserve of variety.   And Jerry\'s best of breed blue wheaten bantam was a pullet if memory serves, not a hen.
Also, my wheaten bantam cockerel was not reserve of breed, just reserve of variety, as a pullet went BV.   Reserve of breed bantam was the brown red hen pictured on page 14 of the bulletin.
The top two wheaten pullets, by the way, were hatched and mailed to me as baby chicks by John Blehm.  Thanks John!
That said, the wheaten cockerel is probably the best male bantam of that variety I have raised in 35-plus years of trying, but for some reason did not show well that day.   Possibly because he had never seen humans from that high in the air before;  there is something to be said for single level cooping.  
I will be setting about four dozen eggs Sunday to hatch right after January 1st.    We are in the midst of a blizzard here in west central Wisconsin, and temps will be dipping to around the zero mark tonight.  

John

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 05:30:47 PM »
baby chicks by John

I may not win often and don\'t put much into it exhibiting, so I don\'t expect much but it\'s always nice to see others win with birds that came from me as chicks.  Putting the extra time into handling, grooming, etc. helps turn an average into a winner.
Thanks,