Author Topic: Share your pics of your blue eggs!  (Read 8430 times)

Share your pics of your blue eggs!
« on: January 06, 2007, 06:05:19 PM »
Hi!

Please share more pics of blue eggs!

Here are some of mine - the one in the middle is the most blue.  Please forgive I have other color eggs in the photos:

I have some more, but my camera broke.  Once I get it fixed I will post some more.  

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 05:14:17 AM »
Thank you for the photos .

I just have green eggs from my Araucana chickens but I would like to have Ameraucana if any member can sale me Wheaten LF and / or Wheatan Blue LF and send to Portugal I apreciate very much .

Some eggs from my chickens , Marans Noir Cuivré , Brakel , Giant Jersey , Light Sussex and Araucana .

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 12:58:37 PM »
Here are some of mine.

Jean
Jean

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 01:16:36 PM »
Wow!  Those are some pretty eggs Jean!

Miguel - which chicken lays those chocolate brown eggs?  Never seen such a dark color!

I also have araucanas, and my araucana pullets just started laying some nice blue-green eggies!!

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 02:08:55 PM »
 The dark brown eggs are from Marans . I imported eggs from a portuguese breeder who lives in France , he go to show contests and he wan sometimes with his hens Noir Cuivré .
 Marans Noir Cuivré variety are the best to lay dark eggs . My chickens are french lines with feather on legs as they should have .
 Marans meat are one of the finnest , in France they have dish contests with different french chicken breeds and sometimes Marans win .

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 02:36:01 PM »
\"Moderator: please forgive my mentioning other breeds on this forum, have no fear I promote the Ameraucanas in my internet travels as well.\"

Marans Noir Cuivré translates as Black Copper Marans and my name is on a couple dozen eggs from a recent France to US importation. The French call this variety Brown-Red.

This variety is known for laying the darkest of the dark.

Please feel free to contact me, any of the officers, or other members of the board of the American Marans Club as listed on the website www.americanmaransclub.com

Greg in NE ARK

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 05:24:49 PM »
Here are a few eggs from pullets that I collected a couple of months ago, along with the beautiful plates awarded by the ABC at the 06 National Meet.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 09:10:36 PM »
Beautiful pic Barb.   Nice job.   And congratulations on your national meet wins.    I would encourage ALL our members to come to the annual national Ameraucana meet and compete with the very best.    It is the only true way to measure the progress being made in your Ameraucana flocks.   This year, 2007, the national will be held in Great Falls, Montana, the first weekend of October.  

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 10:29:27 AM »
Here are a few of mine, I don\'t post here much but I read pretty often.
Shown with a EE egg and white bantam for comparison.

- Cara

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 01:18:37 PM »
May I recommend putting something in the frame of known colors so that viewers can estimate the \"real\" color, such as several crayons in primary colors? Notice how we can see Barbara\'s lovely blue color so well because we can gauge it from the other colors in the plates.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 10:40:08 PM »
I\'d like to reccomend something I have used.  It can end the frustration of determining if an egg is more green-blue or more blue-green.  I use a color wheel such as artists use.  These can be found in craft/arts departments or stores.  Dawn

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 03:22:19 AM »
Hi, I\'m new on the forum here.  I had inherited a feed-store acquired flock last year that had two ameraucana/ EE type hens that lay good sized pale green eggs.  Is the breed standard specific to blue eggs?  Is the intensity of hue directly inherited (ie: would chicks hatched out of deeply coloured eggs also lay similarly coloured eggs?)  I currently have a Marans rooster.  Is there any way to predict what colour egg a Marans- EE/ Ameraucana hen would lay?  (I\'m guessing an icky olive colour....)  I\'m sorry if my questions are things you have heard 101 times.  I\'m really enjoying my new-found avian hobby.  Oh, another question:  Do the Aracaunas lay a smaller egg than the Ameraucanas?

Thank you so much!

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 03:24:59 AM »
Quote from: Miguel
Thank you for the photos .

I just have green eggs from my Araucana chickens but I would like to have Ameraucana if any member can sale me Wheaten LF and / or Wheatan Blue LF and send to Portugal I apreciate very much .

Some eggs from my chickens , Marans Noir Cuivré , Brakel , Giant Jersey , Light Sussex and Araucana .

Hi, Miguel.  Your Marans eggs are lovely!  I tried to view your website, however it said the bandwidth was exceeded.  Do you sell fertile eggs or chicks?  Also, which of the eggs are Brakel and Sussex?

bantamhill

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 10:45:28 AM »
I actually have made the Maran x black Ameraucana cross to see if I could darken the egg shell color of the Ameraucana. Not much to report . . . just an olive drab egg shell that is not much different from other crosses I have made.

Michael