Author Topic: NATIONAL MEET - GREAT FALLS, MONTANA  (Read 4915 times)

Mike Gilbert

NATIONAL MEET - GREAT FALLS, MONTANA
« on: August 06, 2007, 08:29:40 PM »
Mary and I returned from vacation this morning, and almost immediately had a phone call from Koralyn Kibbee, our former Western District Director, who is coordinating the awards for our 2007 national meet to be held in Great Falls, Montana, this October.     A few members have contributed to the awards fund, but there is still time to participate.   Mail or call Koralyn a.s.a.p. if you want to be included as an awards donor.      Also, the Montana club will not be mailing show catalogs to each A.B.C. member, so you need to contact her or the show secretary to receive an entry form and catalog.
Koralyn\'s address is:   Larry and Koralyn Kibbee, 9069 Wooden Shoe, Manhattan, Montana  59741.   Or call her evenings (Mountain time) at (406)284-6978.    You can also contact the show secretary, Sharon Eliasson, directly at (406)323-1655.    Finally, our current Western Director, Lisa Cree, can be reached at (360)830-2732.    Any of the three should be able to help.    But don\'t delay!   Last Call!!!

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 10:48:10 AM »
Thanks for the reminder Mike. Dick and I won\'t be able to make the trip but would like to make a contribution. Who should the check be made out to?

Okay, I\'ve been in touch with Lisa. Checks should be sent to Koralyn and be made out to Koralyn.

bantamhill

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 04:18:09 PM »
Who is planning to go to the National Meet? The names I have so far are:

Paul Smith
Mike Gilbert
Koralyn Kibbe
Bob Walchak
Michael Muenks

If you are going to the National Meet would you like to have a group meal?

Michael

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 09:41:59 PM »
Sure - I\'m sure we can find a place to get together.   Once we get a show catalog, maybe there will be some info in it too.
Getting together is the best part of the meet!

bantamhill

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 09:21:19 AM »
If anyone is interested in haveing a silent auction at the club table please contact me with item.

Michael

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 10:30:43 AM »
I plan to attend the show also.  I am trying to bring a little something as a prize for a variety/winner yet to be determined.  

I will contact Koralyn if I can get the details straightened out.

Thanks,

Jean
Jean

bantamhill

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 09:03:36 PM »
The show book is posted on the index page of the club website along with the entry form. I apologize for the slow load on the show book.

Michael

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 10:48:03 AM »
I thought I read somewhere to send our eggs for the egg contest to someone...???

But, can I bring them with me?

Jean
Jean

bantamhill

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 10:01:29 PM »
If you are not attending the show, you may ship them to Koralyn at the address in the first thread of this post. You may bring them for yourself and others also if attending in person.

Michael

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 11:04:52 PM »
Just wanted to bump this up let everyone know that I put a batch of eggs in the incubator yesterday morning so I can bring some chicks to the show.

I am really excited to go to this show and meet all that can attend.

Jean
Jean

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 10:58:39 AM »
We will be leaving in two weeks.  We are allowing 3 days travel time to make the 1600 mile trip.  If anyone wants us to bring some birds to buy, contact us soon. sw_psmith@swmail.net
Paul Smith

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 07:09:35 PM »
I am looking for 1-2 nice quality white pullets if any has some to bring.  

Thanks,

Jean
Jean

bantamhill

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 11:49:04 PM »
The Muenks\' will be leaving home early tomorrow morning for Great Falls and we hope it snows! We are leaving in summer clothes and have a box of winter with us just in case! Safe travels everyone . ..

Michael

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 07:52:11 AM »
Wishing everyone a safe and fun journey.   Bob Walchak picked up my meager entry of 13 bantams last night and is planning to leave this morning (Thursday).   I have a young man looking for some wheaten or blue wheaten bantam females, and Bob and I are sold out for the year.   So if you have any extra, take them to Great Falls and Bob will pick them up and bring them back here.   Incidentally, Bob took champion AOCCL at the Wisconsin International last weekend with a wheaten pullet.   The show went over 2200 birds from what I hear.