Author Topic: Wanted: Black Large Fowl-Ameraucana  (Read 2727 times)

Wanted: Black Large Fowl-Ameraucana
« on: October 16, 2007, 08:34:23 PM »
I\'m looking for some black LF.  I have a decent black rooster but he is getting red in his shoulders.  I\'m in desparate need of a rooster for breeding this next season but I will also buy a pair or trio if avalible.  Contact info

Mark LaBar
269-793-7455
mark.labar@gmail.com

I\'m in west Michigan, I will pay top dollar for fowl of high quality.

Thanks

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 08:26:41 PM »
Mark,
We have a very nice black cockerel available that just won Best in AOSB class at the Utah Fancy Poultry Assoc. show. Don\'t know if it shipping him is practical enough? I have photos posted and I\'m emailing a link to you, and would be glad to send it to anyone else who might be looking.
Best, Laura

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 09:05:48 PM »
I have been shipping birds for years, but this week the post office informed me there is a $1 per pound surcharge.   It cost an extra $12 to ship five bantams from Wisconsin to Arkansas, and the total shipping fee was $67.80.     I just hope my customer thought the birds were worth the total cost.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 09:11:58 PM »
Mike,

The birds are worth the cost!!!!!!

P.O. called me at 7:29 am this morning to announce their arrival.

Greg

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 11:24:57 AM »
I will be starting out in Spring 2008 with hatchlings (hens)  I will want to have a rooster in the coop.  I have been reading and doing research to find out that the Hatchery I\'m buying from has Ameraucana/Araucana cross.  I want an Ameraucana black cockeral.  I\'m in Ohio so anyone near boardering Ohio who will have young black Ameraucana rooster hatchlings for sale when the weather is good enough to ship him in the spring let me see what you sell, price and location (shipping).  It doesn\'t have to be show or champion in show.  It\'ll be a pet and used for breeding to Red Stars/ Ameraucana and Black Star hens not to sell but for eggs on a family farm in the country.    

Thanks so much in advance,

Ann
New to chickens Spring 2008 Ohio