Author Topic: Americaunas  (Read 4278 times)

John

Americaunas
« on: December 11, 2007, 09:05:22 AM »
I was surfing the web and came across a forum and website called BackyardChickens.com.  I checked their list of Breeds and saw \"Americaunas\".  I\'ve seen people misspell Ameraucanas this way before and now understand where they are getting it from.  I wanted to contact the people behind the site to ask them to correct the spelling, but there is not contact info.  They want all inquiries to be posted on their forum.  The problem is I don\'t want to register and log-in to another forum that I don\'t plan to use again...so if one of you is a member of that board please politely ask that they correct the spelling.  They do have Ameraucana spelled right in the description about the breed, but the heading is \"Americaunas\". :(
I see they have a photo with the caption \"Blue Wheaton Americauna\".  Not only is Ameraucana spelled incorrectly, but wheaten is also.

Americaunas
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:10:24 AM »
Dear John,

I belong to and Love that forum.  I\'ll gladly post for you about the correct spelling of Ameraucanas :) thanks for the info. btw!!
     Also Happy Holidays God Bless you and your family now and always!!

Ann

Here is the post I made for you John, if you would like to go and check it out.  :)    

\"The correct spelling of Ameraucana per breeders info.\"

Quote from: John
I was surfing the web and came across a forum and website called BackyardChickens.com.  I checked their list of Breeds and saw \"Americaunas\".  I\'ve seen people misspell Ameraucanas this way before and now understand where they are getting it from.  I wanted to contact the people behind the site to ask them to correct the spelling, but there is not contact info.  They want all inquiries to be posted on their forum.  The problem is I don\'t want to register and log-in to another forum that I don\'t plan to use again...so if one of you is a member of that board please politely ask that they correct the spelling.  They do have Ameraucana spelled right in the description about the breed, but the heading is \"Americaunas\". :(
I see they have a photo with the caption \"Blue Wheaton Americauna\".  Not only is Ameraucana spelled incorrectly, but wheaten is also.

John

Americaunas
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 11:26:59 AM »
Ann,
Thanks,

Johnny Parks

Americaunas
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 04:56:25 PM »
Hi John,
I went onto the Backyardchicken website and made a suggestion for the correction of the spelling for Blue Wheaten Ameraucana.  I also posted the correct ABC website address.  Hope this helps! Johnny

John

Americaunas
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 05:12:17 PM »
Johnny,
Misinformation hurts our breed and club.  Education has been the best tool to correct it and being diplomatic about it is the way to go.
Thanks for your help,

Johnny Parks

Americaunas
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »
Yes, I agree John.  I went back onto the website to look it over and I discovered that one of the site moderators had gone into the posts and made the corrections that I requested.  It looks very nice now.  Johnny

John

Americaunas
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
I just checked the website and don\'t see any corrections.  Are we on the same page?  Here is the site I went to:

http://backyardchickens.com/
Breeds » Standard » Americaunas

Johnny Parks

Americaunas
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 08:44:21 PM »
Yes, same website.  The post that was corrected is the one pertaining to the blue wheaten ameraucana.  There were  several posts and pictures on this thread where \"ameraucana\" was not spelled correctly.  The mod\'s changed this post entitled \"Blue Wheaten Ameraucana\" by herechickchick.  I am not sure of where you are entering after you access the website.  Tell me more, I will try to go to the same place where you are going to discover exactly what you are speaking of.  Johnny

Johnny Parks

Americaunas
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 09:01:01 PM »
I found it John!  I will see what I can do.  I\'m going to contact the main moderators.  Give me some time and I\'ll get back with you.  Johnny