Author Topic: Award Ideas  (Read 3163 times)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Award Ideas
« on: August 03, 2008, 08:36:29 PM »
I would like to get an award for whomever gets Champion Ameraucana for the WA State Meet since I requested it.  Also, is it ok for me to do that?

I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas.  I thought money was kind of boring, but useful.  Then there are ribbons, which will be handed out anyway.

So if anyone has any thoughts they could share, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jean
Jean

John

Award Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:55:21 PM »
It is great when members offer \"specials\".  Some are in better financial shape than others to be able to do it.
I prefer to win cash awards, but know many prefer tangible awards.
FYI, our club generally deals with Burt Awards (  http://burtawards.com ) when we get rosettes and the like.  They already have our club logo on file, so if you order a plaque or whatever from them and want the logo on it you won\'t pay that one time setup fee that can be costly.

bantamhill

Award Ideas
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 10:56:24 PM »
I have seen bags of feed, hand made items, gift baskets of all kinds (chicken, candy, jellies, etc.). If one didn\'t want to give cash the next thing I would like would be a gift basket of local jellies, honey, mustard, syrup. After that I would go for a gift certificate from a poultry supply company, the ABA or the APA or a bag of scratch grain.

Just my thoughts!

Michael

faith valley

Award Ideas
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:58:26 AM »
1. One of the awards that our NCBA junior members like is the wooden transport carriers.  James Treadway make wonderful ones and always gives us a fabulous deal on them. I order 8 carriers every year for the NCBA juniors for the fall contest. They vary in price depending on number of holes and size. The 3 hole Call Duck ones are only $15.00 each; however an Ameraucana bantam would require a much larger hole than a Call Duck, so I assume the price would be a bit more.

James Treadway
423-365-4709  
161 Evans Ave
Spring city, Tenn 37381
Treadways161@aol.com

2. The other award that our members like really well is an 8x10 wooden  display box with a 5x7 glass photo insert top.  There is an engraved plaquette on the front face of it as well.  That one runs 34.50; however, it is beautiful and with the glass top- they can insert a photo of the bird that won the award. Very nice award.

Blairs Trophy & Sporting Gds.
740-595-3681 or Cell 614-218-6444
 E-mail - Jjblair595@cs.com

3. Another award that we have used that folks really like is a subscription to the Poultry Press or Backyerd Poultry magazine. You can get a sample copy to hand out as the award and then just send in the subscription after the show.

4. The gift cards to poultry suppliers is great for the adults, the kids are not too fond of them though.

5. What about an Ameraucana gift pack?  Have John send you a patch, t-shirt, hat, yearbook... whatever fits your price and whatever he has on hand. That would be a fun award- plus we do have the champ Ameraucana rosettes- perhaps you could have that sent with your order to go on your basket and that would save Michael on shipping that award later as well.

Just ideas to consider

~Patty~

Award Ideas
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 04:20:04 PM »
faith valley: I like the keepsake box idea! The winner could put their ribbon in the top along with a photo & maybe a feather or two, if they wanted. You can also get unstained keepsake boxes with glass case lids very inexpensively (less than $10) at craft shops. You\'d have to paint on a little stain, and I\'m sure it wouldn\'t be AS nice as ones from a trophy shop, but they still would be very nice.

jean: That\'s neat you\'re trying to come up with a really enjoyable award  :)  I wish I was going to be coming to the meet, and I hope it is great for everyone who goes!

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Award Ideas
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 05:05:57 PM »
My of my friends came up with some thoughts.  She is going to make some cookies and chocolate chickens in a gift basket for me.

She buys that pure chocolate so it will be really good!!  I hope she has left overs......
Jean

Award Ideas
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 04:40:37 PM »
We usually try to do youth awards for the shows we\'ve been evolved with. Cash is the easiest, but I\'ve also done an annual breed club membership, patches, books- that kind of thing.