Author Topic: New member intro  (Read 2348 times)

New member intro
« on: February 27, 2006, 04:51:03 PM »
 Just wanted to introduce myself and my sister. My name is Glenna and my sister is Jennifer. We live in Sarasota, FL. We have been \"into \" chickens for 6 years now.
 I have spent the last 2 days reading old posts. I have learned a lot and confused myself also. LOL  I have been sneaking in as a guest for some time but had not registered.
 We started 6 years with EE thinking we had Ameraucana\'s. Normal mistake given the hatcheries. Three years ago I tracked down John B and ordered my first real chicks from him. I had a coon break in that left me with only 2 LF white cockerels left alive. I used them over my EE and have come out with some interesting birds. I also aquired some lemon blue cocks that were a blue on either silver or brown red hens.  I now have blue, black and white LF.
 I tried again from John last year and got wheatons and blue wheaton LF. They have grown to be nice birds.
 I want to give as brag for John\'s birds. We took 4 (15 total but different breeds) birds to the Florida State Fair. It was our first time out showing birds.
 There were 11 birds in the class. a couple were EE but the breed was at least there. We took a blue hen, a black pullet, a blue wheaton cockeral and pullet. All our birds took a blue. The BW cockeral took BB and BV. The black pullet took reserve.
 I am still learning the whole gene thing and it is an interesting hobby. I have a breeding project going with BLR dottes also. We have a lot of color varities of this breed too.
 Looking forward to learning more,
Glenna

Suz

New member intro
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 05:18:38 PM »
Glenna and Jennifer,

Welcome to the forum.  We\'re glad to have you as \"registered\" members and thanks for posting an introduction!

Susie Winder